Bands of colour – purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red. – create a rainbow.
There are rainbows all around. Sometimes in the sky, sometimes coloured as decorations.
There is a pillared rainbow candle standing on the communion table of TMUC’s sanctuary.
The candle bears a light when we worship in that sanctuary.
We have not been in that sanctuary for Sunday worship in five months. The light has not shone atop that candle on a Sunday for five months.
But God’s rainbow light has still been shining:
- shining in those proclaiming that Black and Indigenous lives matter,
- shining in those affirming life’s diversity,
- shining in hand-coloured rainbows adorning home windows,
- shining wherever and whenever we express God’s love of all creation
- shining when compassion, restorative justice, healing and hope are the pillars upon which we stand and the communion to which we invite all others.
These may be COVID-19 days, BUT these are still rainbow days,
Our worship continues in the love we share.
God’s rainbow light shines in this world.
We cannot gather in our sanctuary, but we can still experience sanctuary in our gathering. Our weekly Zoom gatherings provide a time for us to check in and chat. If you would like to participate (no previous participation required), the link follows. All are welcome.
Here’s the link for Thursday, August 6, at 9 am.
Join Zoom Meeting
We look forward to seeing you again.
Carol and Jeff