Good bye August!
Yes, at midnight today the month of August retires for another year.
Tomorrow we will awake to the month of September.
The transition from August to September feels like a significant shift in the rhythm of life.
It feels like a shift from summer to the beginning of post-summer.
It feels like a shift from holiday mode to a return-to-routine mode.
With September comes the return of school, the return of school zone speed limits, the resumption of meetings for various volunteer organizations, a shift from the ‘sports of summer’ to the ‘sports of winter’, an awareness for many of life again becoming a little ‘busier’ and schedules becoming a little fuller.
During the past few years, the pandemic has disrupted our lives and our routines. The pandemic continues to disrupt aspects of people’s lives.
This Fall, TMUC continues to transition back to times of people gathering for worship and activities.
- Office hours are still irregular, so please email to confirm that someone will be there to meet you if you need to drop by.
- Tonight (August 31), at 7:00, we will be recording the song “Tapestry of Love” (written in celebration of the UCW) to be included in our celebration.
- This is the last week that TMUC is collecting school suppliesto donate to the Newcomer program at the River East Transcona School Division. Donations may be dropped off this Sunday morning or on Wednesday, September 8 from 9-12.
- On Sunday September 11, our 10:00 worship service will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the UCW. UCW photos can be brought on Sunday or on Wednesday, September 8 from 9-12. A reception in Yale Hall will follow the service on September 11.
- Messy Church returns with an in person gathering on Friday, September 16 from 6:30-8:00. All are welcome!
- The monthly Book Group will have the first meeting of the season in person on Tuesday, September 20 from 7-8:30. All are welcome!
- TMUC’s Time and Talent Auction will be held on Friday September 23 at 7 p.m. We need some volunteers to help with the auction (set-up and clean-up, host…), and to donate (past donations have included perogies, cookies, home-crafted bird houses, buns, cakes, Blue Bombers items…) Send us a note at email@example.com or call the office to volunteer please!
We continue to be grateful for your generous support of the TMUC community. Extra donations to the Building Fund would be appreciated to help with the cost of the roof repair as this fall we will be shingling and insulating the roof, along with some other roof repair work. If you want to make a donation online, here’s the link:
Please remember the TMUC projects:
• The Pop can recycling fundraiser (so far we have raised over $100)
• Old batteries recycling
• The TruEarth Fundraiser (so far we have raised about $140!)
We continue to appreciate and thank everyone who continues to support TMUC’s ministry.
We keep you in our prayers,
Carol and Jeff